Friday, September 22, 2017

May the Testimony of Two Be True


Are you standing on the truth on your own or with the testimony of others? Are you firmly standing on the testimony of the Word of God? Wherein lies your testimony of truth?  

September’s Awakening, Day 22

I am not bound to win but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed but I am bound to live up to what light I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right; stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

 —Abraham Lincoln 

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

 —Martin Luther King, Jr

 

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.” Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.” John 8:12–18 NIV  

 

            Standing strong for what is right is powerful. Standing together with others for what is right is invincible. For the human testimony, it’s the power of two. Two human witnesses are required to bear the power of the truth. Conversely, as Jesus stated in the above passage in the Book of John, only the power of One, as God Himself or His written Word, is required as sufficient evidence for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

            If you have been perusing through this devotional, it should be apparent that I have almost always chosen two quotations (or sometimes more), from the human witness, and typically one (or sometimes more), from the Word of God. The human witness of two, bearing witness to the infallible witness of God’s one witness through His Word has been presented. The truth bearing witness to the truth makes for indisputable evidence. In your eyes and in God’s eyes may it be so.

Author Web Page Link

No comments:

Post a Comment