Thursday, August 25, 2016

He Is Your Refuge


When the troubles of this world are weighing you down, and your soul is in the deepest of despair, call upon His name and He will bring you to His fortress of refuge and peace. Psalm 31 is where you'll find His solace and assurance of His presence.



August's Message, Day 26:

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful God. I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:1-5,7 NIV



If you're a bit downcast, then this psalm, Psalm 31, together with Psalm 23, should be your go-to place to regain His comfort, peace, and assurance. He will never forsake you or leave you, nor let you be put to shame. He is your refuge and deliverer in troubled times. His righteousness surrounds you and rescues you from the evil traps of this world. He listens intently to your prayer and answers by leading and guiding you into the fortress of His presence. He is your rock foundation which nothing can shake or tumble. He is always faithful and true, and does all this for His name's sake. Call upon Him in troubled times and His love is there to bring you peace and joy in Him. He is your God. Surely He sees your affliction and the burning anguish in your soul. Most assuredly, He the solace you are hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment