Friday, August 26, 2016

Call Upon His Name


For Sunday:  When you’re troubled, tempted, wrought with worry, or just down and in despair, call upon His name and He will be there to see you through, exchange His comfort for your turmoil, and exchange His peace for your anguish. He is your God. Turn to Him.


August's Message, Day 28: For Sunday

Turn to Him in troubled times, and even better, turn to Him daily. Thank Him often for being there for you and getting you through the day. He is a most gracious, merciful, and loving God, so make sure you let Him know it. It's not for Him, it's to help you increase your faith and trust.



Day 22:

Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me. Who will condemn me? Isaiah 50:7,9a NIV

Day 23:

For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2 NIV

Day 24:

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 NIV

And:

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV

Day 25:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-34 NIV

Day 26:

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful God. I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:1-5,7 NIV

Day 27:

Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak. But I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.” Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love. How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:9,10,14,16,19,20,24 NIV



The Divine Whisper is just waiting inside you for you to call upon His name for help. Speak to Him often, better still, listen intently.

No comments:

Post a Comment