Tuesday, December 20, 2016

One Solitary Life


Our hope in God is secure because of His Son, Jesus Christ, the God-Man.

December’s Awakening, Day 20

One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He worked in a carpentry shop until he was thirty, and then for three years he was an itinerant preacher. When the tide of popular opinion turned against him, his friends ran away. He was turned over to his enemies. He was tried and convicted. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. When he was dead, he was laid in a borrowed grave. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never owned a home. He never went to college. He never traveled more than two hundred miles from the place where he was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompanies greatness. Yet all the armies that ever marched, and all the governments that ever sat, and all the kings that ever reigned, have not affected life upon this earth as powerfully as has that One Solitary Life.

 —Author Unknown 

In the Scriptures there is a portrait of God, but in Christ there is God himself. A coin bears the image of Caesar, but Caesar’s son is his own lively resemblance. Christ is the living Bible.

 —Author Unknown



My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” John 10:27–30 NIV



If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. John 14:7, 9b NIV



            Jesus was the perfect sinless man, born of the Virgin Mary and of the Holy Spirit. He was the quintessential prophet of prophets, the ultimate physician, the most learned teacher of teachers, the master of all humanity and creation, the unblemished Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the King of kings, Lord of lords, and the Great I AM Himself. One simple question remains, who do you say that Jesus is? There is only one thing that eternally matters. Who is Jesus to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment