Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Are You Running in the Right Race?


The last thing you want to do is end up at the finish line being wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. If pride and Ego have taken the place of God in your life, it's time for an abrupt change. You're running in the wrong race. You need Him.



June's Message, Day 15:

You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Revelation 3:17-18 NIV



A frank, harsh, reality check delivered by Jesus Himself, to those of us who have shunned God for the praise and delight of Ego. It isn't just simply about having wealth, but more so the mindset that, "I don't need God." It's the, "I'm smarter, stronger, better, faster, more talented, better looking, already have everything I need, and can do it all on my own," attitude. With all that, "Why on earth would I need God?" Well, it's simple, you're blinded by, and living in the lie of pride. You can have all that and be all that, but without God, the reality is that you're wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. Jesus' own words. Don't fall into the same trap that turned Lucifer into Satan. Pride is insidiously and parasitically destructive. You need Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment