Sunday, April 29, 2018

Run Your Race

  In the race of life, you’re not running against the competition, you’re running for your personal best—God’s best for you. It’s not about how much money you end up with or your net worth according to the world’s standards, it’s about your eternal account with God. And God is in the business of people. It’s about finishing the race that God has set before you and finishing that race with your personal best. It’s about running to win your race and bringing as many people with you as you can. It’s not simply about personal achievements and accomplishments, it’s about doing what God has asked you to do and doing it with your best.
 
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,” Hebrews 12:1 NIV
 
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7 NIV  
 
     You must not dwell on the accolades and successes of others. They’re running their own race; and if they’re not running for God, they’re running in vain. Run your race. With blinders on, if necessary, so you are not distracted by the others running too. They are running a different race, even if it’s on the same track. Run your race. Run to win. Run for your personal best. That is what pleases God. And that is what will earn you a crown at the finish line.
 
“I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.” Galatians 2:2 NIV  
 
“Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.” Philippians 2:14–16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment