Sunday, August 28, 2016

Thorns of Grace


When you're at your weakest and least, He's at His strongest and best and can use you most. God doesn't always remove the thorn, but then again, Christ our King, wore a crown of thorns just for you.



August's Message, Day 29:

Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the Lord delivers them in times of trouble. The Lord protects and preserves them— they are counted among the blessed in the land— he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness. Psalm 41:1-3 NIV



We all struggle with times of weakness, stress, fatigue, and illnesses and infirmities of all sorts. It should be comforting to know that the Lord is gracious and merciful to the downcast and those in need. He truly is there to help you overcome and enable you to be at your very best in every way, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Our God is the One who sustains us and continually restores us. Though He may not fully "fix" us, we should trust that He truly knows what is best and how we, through our own experience of ailments, can use those same afflictions to help others in their distress. We can only perceive what we think is best for us, while He knows what is best for us and everyone we've yet to come in contact with. Use everything you've been given for His glory, even if what you're experiencing right now only seems to superficially be the thorn that never gets removed. God can work wonders and miracles with thorns.



Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:7b-10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment