Sunday, January 7, 2018

My Prayer for the New Year


     O LORD God Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, You have made all things new! Wonderful are the works of Your hands, marvelous to behold, awesome in power and might. May I walk in the newness that You have set before me, for I, too, am made new in Christ, a new creation, living and breathing in the image of You. This is a new year. I shed the skin of the old person and have resolved to live in the fullness of You. You have removed my heart of stone and given me Your heart of flesh. You have awakened the dead spirit within me and have empowered me to do Your good works. I cast off the old and choose each day to put on the newness of You. Thank You, O LORD, for the amazing work that You have begun in me and will see to its completion and perfection, for You are the author and the finisher of my faith.

     I hold on dearly to Your promises and pledge each day to wash my mind with Your Word and become the vessel that You can mightily use. I trust that You will be with me to surmount every obstacle, overcome every hardship, provide for my every need, bring success and prosperity from the toil of my mind and hands, with great health and total wellness each day. May I progress evermore into the image of You and be a loving, caring, and godly person of impeccable character and integrity. May my heart never be insensitive to those I love and those around me, and may my priorities always follow Your order. My hope is in You, LORD, and my prayer is that this will be the best year that You have graciously given to me. May Your blessings flow.

     Thank You, O LORD, for all You’ve done and Your best that’s yet to come. In the holy name of Jesus, I send up this prayer.

Prayers and blessings,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment